August 29, 2014

All Access Press Club (Subscribers)



Online all-access is free to print subscribers. Username is your account number, 7-digit number before the expiration date on your mailing label. Password is your zip code.





Chicken leg left cooking causes fire dept. call PDF Print E-mail
Written by Chandra L. Mattingly   
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:33 PM

Aurora Fire Department responded to an “overcooked” chicken leg Tuesday, Dec. 18, said AFD Public Information and Safety Officer Kevin Turner.

“They had to force entry into the apartment … and found a chicken leg on a stove that was still cooking,” he said.


The resident of the apartment at 312 Second St., Apt. 1, Aurora, was not home when the fire department was called at 5:32 p.m.

Firefighters removed the food and did not have to spray any water, said Turner.

Lawrenceburg Fire Department also responded, as requested, said Turner.

Mutual aid requests have become a standard procedure when a fire is reported in a multi-story building.

“You can always send them back if you don’t need them,” said Turner, adding, “Better safe than sorry.”

The apartment is in the upstairs of the Schuck Building at Second and Main streets. The apartment resident’s name was not immediately available.