AES, Aurora park get grants from Rising Sun Regional Foundation for improvements
Written by Submitted
Friday, December 28, 2012 8:24 PM
The Rising Sun Regional Foundation awarded a total of $248,238 in 16 new grants at its Dec. 12, 2012 meeting.
These grants included:
- $40,000 to the City of Rising Sun toward the installation of boat docks at the site of the newly constructed boat ramp on the Ohio River in Rising Sun.
- $25,000 to the Rising Sun Ohio County Parks & Recreation Board toward the purchase of new playground equipment for its River Park on the City of Rising Sun riverfront.
- $41,237 to the Rising Sun Ohio County Community School Corporation toward the renovation of dugouts at its baseball field and the purchase of new fencing.
- $12,000 to the Rising Sun/Ohio County First, Inc. toward expenses related to economic development projects in Rising Sun.
- $4,000 to the Shiner Pride Band Boosters, Inc. of the Rising Sun-Ohio County School Corporation toward the purchase of a band equipment trailer.
- $1,500 to the Ohio & Dearborn County Extension Office toward the development of an afterschool program for grade-school girls in Ohio County.
- $4,000 to the Region 15 Children’s Advocacy Center toward the purchase of furniture and equipment for a second observation room at the Center in Dillsboro.
- $13,811 to the Aurora Park Board for the purchase and installation of fencing for its new dog park.
- $10,000 to the St. Louis School in Batesville toward the purchase of whiteboards for all of its classrooms.
- $2,614 to Family Connections/Ripley County Family Services, Inc. in Versailles for Welcome Baby Gift Bags for families at risk.
- $4,601 to the Ripley County Tourism Bureau toward an Adirondack Chair project for its Indiana Art Show in Batesville.
- $19,475 to the South Dearborn Community School Corporation toward the purchase of one mobile computer device lab for its Aurora Elementary School.
- $20,000 to the Milan Elementary School PTO toward the purchase of books and furniture for the school library.
- $15,000 to Safe Passage, Inc. toward various capital improvement projects to its shelter for victims of domestive violence in Batesville.
- $15,000 as a challenge grant to the Southeastern Indiana YMCA in Batesville toward renovations to its preschool playground.
- $20,000 to the City of Batesville toward the installation of concrete areas near the concession stand and bleacher area at its ballpark.
“With this last grants meeting for 2012, RSRF has once again awarded in excess of $1 million in grants annually for the 16th consecutive year of its grantmaking program that began in 1997. Total grants to date by the foundation during this period are now approaching $27 million, which we believe has had a significant positive impact for the residents of our southeastern Indiana grantmaking region. We look forward to our ongoing relationship with the Rising Star Casino Resort/Full House Resorts, Inc. in 2013 and beyond to continue this important program, even while facing increased regional gaming competition in the years ahead,” said foundation president Marianne Wiggers.
The Rising Sun Regional Foundation was created in 1994 by the City of Rising Sun in conjunction with the development of the Grand Victoria Casino and Resort by the Hyatt Corporation.
The foundation began its grantmaking program in early 1997, which it has continued to implement. It is now funded by the Rising Star Casino Resort, owned by Full House Resorts, Inc., which makes monthly contributions to the foundation based on a percentage of its adjusted gross revenue.