October 22, 2014

All Access Press Club (Subscribers)



Online all-access is free to print subscribers. Username is your account number, 7-digit number before the expiration date on your mailing label. Password is your zip code.




Milan fire started with wrong size extenstion cord PDF Print E-mail
Written by Submitted   
Monday, February 04, 2013 9:43 PM

The fire in Milan that destroyed a structure Friday late afternoon was ruled “accidental electrical.”
Milan Lt. Mike Alloway told WRBI Radio, Batesville, the state fire marshal basically reported it was the wrong size extension cord for the power supply.

The Milan fire department received notice of a fire at 3:50 p.m. Friday, and when fire crews arrived, encountered heavy smoke outside, and some flames inside. The structure remains, but the interior is ruined.

The building on Main Street is the former Chris Volz auto dealership and is owned by Len Eckstein. It’s mostly used for storage and the motor homes and campers stored inside were severely damaged.

Five fire departments, including Moores Hill, Dillsboro and Aurora from Dearborn County, assisted Milan and they were on the scene until 10 p.m. They also had to deal with freezing temperatures. Road crews helped provide salt for the area.


Last Updated on Monday, February 04, 2013 9:43 PM