The Aurora Fire Department was dispatched to a working structure fire at 3:15 a.m. Thursday, May 23, at the Sheila B. Goff residence, 5757 Lower Dillsboro Road, Aurora.
Firefighters found a fire in a bedroom in the house with flames coming from the rear windows. Quick deployment resulted in a successful knockdown of the fire, limiting spread to the room of origin.
One occupant, David Faulkner, 44, was transported to Dearborn County Hospital by Aurora EMS for smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported. Fire damage is estimated at about $20,000.
The cause of the fire was investigated by the Aurora Fire Department, and has been ruled accidental with ignition from a candle.
The Aurora Fire Department was assisted by the Dillsboro, Lawrenceburg and Hogan Township fire departments, Aurora Emergency Rescue, Duke Energy and the American Red Cross.