L’burg fire dept. responds to calls
Lawrenceburg Fire Department responded to Steak and Shake, off U.S. 50, Lawrenceburg, Wednesday, Jan. 23.
When crews arrived, the manager said smoke was coming from the ventilation system. Workers evacuated, and called the maintenance person who remotely shut down the HVAC units and the situation was stabilized.
Fire crews investigated the rooftop units and found nothing apparent. The situation was discussed with the maintenance official about the correction.
Crews were called again to Steak and Shake for smoke in the building, but this time isolated by shutting down the HVAC unit.
Lawrenceburg Fire Department also responded to a possible gas leak in the 300 block of Short Street.
Crews arrived to find smoke coming from the basement and the situation was upgraded to a structure fire response. The situation was under control within minutes.